Mo Works Creative Agency
Senior Event Producer to join our production team at the projects*
the projects* is growing. We are searching for a Senior Event Producer to support the production team in executing projects as well as working in with our account service team to continue to build our client relationships.
We are looking for someone who has at least 8 years of work experience outside of tertiary education related to production and event management from small to large scale events.
Position overview: The Senior Event Producer will be responsible for translating creative briefs into project plans and deliverables for directives, print and related content-based platforms while staying within budget, schedule and scope.
You will own projects from briefing through to design approval alongside partnering with internal resources for production and execution. This role will be client-facing and the ability to explain technical, print, interactive concepts, deliver clear and concise communication, drive creative solutions and manage aggressive timelines is vital.
This position reports to the Head of Production and the Managing Director.
Responsibilities will include:
- Working across several projects, brands and internal teams
- Development, production and delivery of projects from proposal to execution
- Budget creation and management in line with company process - responsible for project budgets from creation to reconciliation. Reviewing and maintaining accurate cost estimates from vendors and suppliers and adhering to budgets at all times
- Delivering events on time, within budget, that meet (and exceed) expectations.
- Setting, communicating and maintaining timelines and priorities on every project
- Communicating, maintaining and developing both internal and client relationships
- Producing comprehensive production detail reports and risk assessments for all events and distributing to client, staff and venue contacts
- Contracting event details including vendors, talent, transportation, and catering
- Managing supplier relationships
- Managing operational and administrative functions to ensure specific projects are delivered efficiently
- Providing support and continual updates to your Manager
- Travelling to on site inspections and location and managing event execution without supervision
- Ensuring excellent customer service and quality delivery
This role requires someone who is experienced in site management. It is a physical role at times, knowledge in power tools and holder of fork and scissor license preferred.
Juggling multiple responsibilities across various projects will require someone who is very organised. Qualities of the right candidate will include:
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to effectively and professionally present information and respond to questions from various groups of stakeholders with knowledgeable, respectful and a solutions-oriented approach
- Accomplished in the field of hospitality and event management
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Keynote - Workflow max preferred but not essential
- Ability to communicate and set priorities and expectations with management, all teams, prospects and clients
- Desire to contribute significantly to the growth of the business
- Have contacts and leads for new business opportunities. Be able to effectively communicate with clients especially when on site
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects simultaneously with frequent interruptions
- Energy, commitment, professionalism, patience, flexibility & teamwork
- Proven demonstration of leadership, creativity, listening, and decision making skills
- Superior organizational skills, with special attention to detail, and time management
- Have the ability to work independently as well as be an enthusiastic team player
- Sound budget and finance knowledge
- Working evenings and weekends as needed - hours may often exceed 40 per week.
- Undertaking any other duties that may reasonably be required from time to time
Please send applications through to:
Please Note: Applications must be attended by a cover letter addressing our specific criteria. Please also answer the following two questions:
- Do you hold a current visa to work in Australia?
- What is your expected annual salary?
- COMPANY NAME - the projects*
- CONTACT NAME - Perin
- CONTACT EMAIL - firstname.lastname@example.org