The position will also manage relationships with service providers (i.e. creative agencies, media buying partners, PR agencies etc). You may also be required to conduct market research to inform strategies and campaigns, and keep abreast of emerging marketing and communication methods and channels including social and digital media.
In this role you will be required to:
- a strong background in marcoms,
- be an innovative thinker,
- a proven track record,
- an ability to adapt campaigns to global markets,
- be competent in multi-stakeholder management, and be a natural marketer.
- Build the 2017 marketing strategy
- Build the 2017 communications strategy
- Research all the industry stats and facts to integrate into the communications plan
- Work alongside our video agency to develop the strategy and create the content strategy
- Work alongside our social media agency to develop the strategy, implement and tweak along the way as needed
- Work alongside our photographer to develop all photography content for the campaign
- Work alongside our creative agency to develop the look and feel of the campaign this year, and ongoing management of all creative elements to the campaign
- Work alongside our PR agencies in Australia and the US to develop the strategy and ongoing management to achieve bold targets
- Ambassador recruitment and management
- Work alongside our EDM agency to develop the look, feel and content of all EDMs throughout the campaign
- Management of our digital marketing agency to develop the Polished Man digital strategy, and support their implementation and review campaign performance
- Polished Man events strategy, and implementation
- Work alongside charity partners to collect content, stories and information to help strengthen campaign messaging
- Build, inspire and manage a team of volunteers to help achieve Polished Man campaign goals
- Manage marcoms budget and finances
- Strong analytical skills to guide strategy
The kind of person we are looking for:
- You will have proven track record of creating marketing strategies that deliver exceptional ROIs, communicate the reasoning and benefits backed up by a business case that highlights what's best for the campaign in achieving its mission and targets
- You will be a very strong writer/copywriter
- You will have experience working with PR agencies, developing the media strategies and ensuring the plan meets campaigns objectives
- You will have developed and implemented digital marketing and social media strategies
- You will have worked on campaigns (ideally international)
- You will have strong experience leading and managing individuals to achieve bold targets
- You will have a proven ability to create and work within limited budgets and activating pro bono partnerships
- You will be a fast learner, and be able to absorb information and new skill-sets
- You are able to identify the need for and able to propose campaign strategies and change
- You will have strong interpersonal skills and be confident and capable of leading and developing volunteers, engaging with sponsors, suppliers and partners
- You (ideally) would have some entrepreneurship experience
- You don't necessarily need non-profit experience, but you will have a strong passion for helping to improve the lives of people living in poverty and subjected to violence
- You will love solving complex problems, working hard alongside a team that you lead and not giving up until a mission is achieved.
Flexibility in working outside normal business hours and possible international travel (please note that some meetings you will be required to attend are in the evening) Further Details: For further information or to apply for this role please send your CV, cover letter and a summary of how you will be able to fulfill the Key Roles/Responsibilities, including your previous experience (no more than 1 page) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Organizational Background for YGAP and its International Campaign:
YGAP is on a mission to improve the lives of one million people living in poverty by 2018. We support this change in the world by finding and backing local impact entrepreneurs changing lives in some of the world's most challenging communities across Africa, Asia and Australia. We fund this work by running social enterprises, including the award winning restaurant, Feast of Merit; along with creative fundraising campaigns like Polished Man. YGAP is not a regular non-profit. We are a unique organisation, with a bold mission led by an inspired and innovative team.
Our Polished Man Campaign challenges men to paint 1 fingernail to represent the 1 in 5 children
who are physically or sexually abused before the age of 18. All funds raised by Polished Man are
used to support both trauma prevention and trauma recovery programs for children who have
experienced violence or at risk of violence. Polished Man has raised over $1.6 Million and engaged
70,000+ Polished Men from 90 countries around the world.
- COMPANY NAME - Polished Man / YGAP
- CONTACT NAME - Kylie Wallace
- CONTACT EMAIL - email@example.com